For the purpose of GDPR, the data controller is identified as Kilnhurst Tyres & Exhausts Ltd.
What data do we collect and why?
In order to complete our services to you, it may be necessary to collect your data.
Your data may be collected under the following circumstances,
- When you as the customer contact us to make an enquiry about our services, request a call back or make an appointment, we may store your data so that we can effectively deal with your enquiry.
- When placing an online tyre order.
- When making a booking for your vehicle.
- When handling customer complaints we may record the complaint, any investigation and any outcome from that, so we may continue to improve our services.
The following outlines the types of data we collect in each circumstance,
- Contact form: We may ask for your Name, email address and phone number. Any information given in the message box may also be collected.
- Email correspondence: We may collect your name, email address and in some instances, your business name and address.
- Tyre Online Order: When completing an online tyre order, we will ask for your Vehicle Registration Number, your name, address or postcode, email address, contact number and any additional information you may enter in the message box.
We will not contact you for any reason other than your initial enquiry or order.
What do we do with your data and who do we share it with?
We process your data in a variety of ways, depending on the service application. We do not share your data with third parties.
- Contact form or email: If you contacted us via our online enquiry form or have sent us an email, we will only store that record in our Content Management System (CMS) system or secure email account. All emails are deleted once they are responded to and the enquiry is closed.
- MOT renewals: If you requested in person that we add you to our MOT renewal reminder system, we only require your vehicle registration number, your name and a contact number. This is stored in a secure database. We will only contact you by text to remind you of your MOT renewal date. If you wish to be removed from this service, please contact us using one of the below methods.
- Tyre Order: If you place an online order for tyres, we will securely store your details until the order is complete. We will then destroy and/or delete your information. We will not share this information with any third party tyre suppliers.
Your right to access your data or withdraw consent.
Under GDPR, you have the right to access your data or withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting the data controller at the below address:
9A Glasshouse Road
01709 585 278
In accordance with GDPR, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervising authority, the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). To do this, please visit https://ico.org.uk